God’s Will Is An Industry

Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.

God’s will is an industry. If you don’t believe me, do an Amazon search for the term, “God’s Will” and see how many hits you get. It’s around 334,000. The reason for this is that Christian publishers know that God’s will sells. Big.
And the reason that God’s will sells is that it is often less about God and all about us. Whom shall I marry, will I get the mortgage modification, and should I move to France and become a potato farmer.
Like many of you, I am in the God’s will business. 40% of the conversations I have revolve around helping people sort out their future. The other 60% is a mix of sin management, past guilt issues and the joys and sorrows of this life.
But what if you could not miss God’s will? Think about it. How would you live your life if you knew that it was impossible to miss God’s will? What would you do with all of the mental and emotional space created by removing doubt and anxiety from your heart and mind’s grid?
What if God’s will was more about knowing Him than knowing his plans for your life? Would you trade knowing God in a deeper way for 10 now answers about your future?
Do you ever wonder if it is possible to live a fulfilled and dynamic Christian experience without knowing about tomorrow, next Thursday, or 36 years from now?
According to Jesus it is? In Matt. 6 Jesus goes out of his way to tell his followers to not worry about the fish they eat, the wine they drink, what they will wear or where they are going? Nothing. This includes God’s will for where he is going to take them. Go back and read it. Are we really to take Jesus at his word?
I think we are. Maybe it is because spending so much time on these issues in the name of righteously seeking after God is really a form of anti-faith that temporarily satisfies our deep desire to know.
You see, this unquenchable desire to know, a desire I believe we are created for is one of the Devil’s greatest tools to distract believers from what that insatiable desire to know was really instilled in us for. God! It’s an infinite search that has the power to consume the desire of your mind and heart to know for ever after.

The problem is that many of us would rather know about our future than God.

So here is the challenge. Don’t worry or think about your future for 30 days. Don’t pursue God’s will, just rest in the fact that He will lead you into it. Or do you think your ability to mess God’s will up for your life is greater than His desire to lead you into it?

35 thoughts on “God’s Will Is An Industry

  1. Pingback: Jay
  2. Pingback: Guy
  3. Pingback: wesley
  4. Pingback: rick
  5. Pingback: lynn
  6. Pingback: chad
  7. Pingback: Leslie
  8. Pingback: Tracy
  9. Pingback: Sam
  10. Pingback: ricky
  11. Pingback: Daryl
  12. Pingback: Mario
  13. Pingback: steve
  14. Pingback: ray
  15. Pingback: Matt
  16. Pingback: Jordan
  17. Pingback: Melvin
  18. Pingback: martin
  19. Pingback: Luther
  20. Pingback: ryan
  21. Pingback: robert
  22. Pingback: bill
  23. Pingback: jon
  24. Pingback: Dave
  25. Pingback: peter
  26. Pingback: homer
  27. Pingback: Keith
  28. Pingback: Leo
  29. Pingback: Felix
  30. Pingback: louis
  31. Pingback: Franklin
  32. Pingback: Tim
  33. Pingback: tyler
  34. Pingback: Leslie
  35. Pingback: Jackie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *